If you register for an exam and an unforeseen circumstance prevents you from writing on that date, the following policy applies:
- The exam fee is non-refundable if you cancel your registration less than 60 days before the exam date.
- Deferrals must be received 12 business days before the exam date. You must send a completed Deferral Form with payment to HRANS (for the November 2016 exam, deferral form with payment must be received by 12:00 noon Halifax time on Thursday, October 20, 2016).
- Deferrals incur a fee of $100 (plus HST). In certain extenuating circumstances (such as death in the family) the $100 deferral fee may be waived. Supporting documentation will be required and must be submitted with the deferral request. HRANS will make that determination and notify you.
- Deferrals 12 business days or less prior to the exam are considered to be no-shows and the full exam fee will be forfeited unless there is verified proof of extenuating circumstances such as death in the immediate family.
- A maximum of 2 deferrals per exam are possible.
- If you defer to a future sitting and then cancel your registration any time prior to that sitting, you will forfeit your initial exam fee plus any deferral fee paid.
- If you do not show up on exam day the full exam fee is forfeited.
Important note: Exam deferrals are only processed upon receipt of the completed exam deferral form. Please use the link below to download your CPHR Deferral form and submit your payment for your deferral request. Deferrals cannot be submitted using other methods.
Deferral Form for November 2016 (fillable PDF)
Once you fill out the form, print it and sign in the appropriate areas prior to submission. Applications for deferrals for November 5, 2016 must be received by HRANS by 12:00pm on Thursday, October 20, 2016.