Becoming a Member
1. What are the benefits of being a member?
Please refer to Member Benefits.
2. Who is a member of HRANS?
In addition to HR professionals, our membership includes consultants, lawyers, instructors, students and professionals from a variety of other disciplines.
3. How long does it take to become a member?
Please allow 5 business days after payment has been received. Once reviewed, you will receive an email confirmation welcoming you and providing your member login information.
4. Do you have to be a member to attend a HRANS event?
Many HRANS events provide an opportunity for non-members to attend. Please refer to specific events for details.
5. What is considered proof of enrolment for full-time students?
We require a letter from your school confirming your current registration in the educational institution on a full-time basis. All documentation must include your name, program and course details, including your expected completion date.
Maintaining my Membership
1. When does my membership come up for renewal?
2. How do I renew my membership?
Membership renewals are due before May 31st each year.
To renew your membership, please follow the instructions listed below:
3. I am moving. Can I transfer my membership to another HR Association?
- Log-in to the Members Only area of the website.
- Click on 'My Profile', located in the top right hand corner of the Member's Only page.
- Click Member Info, located on the right of the profile area.
- Click 'Renew my membership'
- Complete the renewal form, including payment.
You cannot transfer your membership across provincial associations but you can apply to have your CPHR designation recognized in the province you are moving to. Please review the CPHR Transfer page for more information.
4. Do you provide a membership directory?
5. Can you verify information about a member?
Our directory is online and accessible only to members. The directory is searchable.
HRANS does not give out information about its members. Members have access to each other's contact information via the member directory, although they are strictly forbidden from using this information for marketing purposes.
Changing my Login or Contact Information
1. How can I change my contact information?
Log in to the HRANS website. Click 'Profile Home', located on the right hand side bar under 'My Profile'. Once in the 'Profile Home' area, click on the 'Edit' icon next to the area of your profile that you would like to update. When you have finished updating your profile information, click the 'Save Changes' tab on the bottom left hand side of the page.
2. What if I forget my username or password?
To retrieve your password, click 'Forgot your password?', located on the right hand side of the page under the 'Sign In' box. You may use either your user name or email to retrieve your password.
3. If I lost my receipt for membership or a workshop, can I obtain another one?
All receipts and invoices made while logged in as a member can be viewed in the members profile. To access this information, select 'Member Profile' under the 'My Profile' category. Select 'Account History'. Here, members will be able to view event registrations, membership payment information and other orders.
For receipts prior to June 2012, contact us.
Phone: (902) 446-3660
Fax: (902) 446-3677